Please Read Carefully Prior to Using This Website
Kyowa Kirin Canada, Inc., with registered offices at 550 Burrard Street, Suite 2300, Bentall 5, Vancouver, BC V6C 2B5, respects the privacy of visitors to its websites.†
Information Collection and Use
When you voluntarily submit your personal information (including, but not necessarily limited to, your name, address, telephone number, and email address and relationship to the Kyowa Kirin product or program), Kyowa Kirin stores and processes this information in an electronic database. Kyowa Kirin may use this information as a means to contact you to obtain additional information if needed to fulfill your request, improve this site, or provide you with information or communications that you have requested or additional information which Kyowa Kirin believes may be of interest to you. Kyowa Kirin may use this information within the company for performing marketing studies and analyses for internal use, in accordance with applicable law.
We combine the information we receive when you visit our Website with other information we have collected, including other information we have received from you and information received from publicly and commercially available sources, if permitted by applicable law.
Kyowa Kirin collects, uses, and shares the information you provide on this Website for the purposes described above and for the following purposes:
- To tailor Kyowa Kirin’s communications to you and continue to enhance and improve Kyowa Kirin’s services;
- As necessary for compliance with Kyowa Kirin’s legal obligations and as otherwise permitted or required under applicable laws.
By providing your information to us via the Website and for the purposes described in this Policy, you have consented to our collection, use, and sharing of your information. You may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and applicable laws. If you do not provide certain information to us, or later withdraw your consent, we may, in some circumstances, be unable to comply with our obligations or provide you with the services that you request. We will tell you about the implications of not providing certain information.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Our Kyowa Kirin Canada, Inc.,’s parent company and affiliates as described in this Policy,† for the purposes as described herein and to assist us in providing our products and services to you. Our parent company and affiliates are located outside of the province of Quebec and Canada, and your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and other authorities pursuant to a lawful request in the foreign jurisdiction.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers to Kyowa Kirin, who may be located outside the province of Quebec and Canada. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and information processing. When transferred to our third-party vendors and service providers, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and other authorities pursuant to a lawful request in the foreign jurisdiction.
- Business transfers. In accordance with the requirements of applicable law, we may share your information in connection with a completed or proposed corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or part of Kyowa Kirin, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of Kyowa Kirin, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction. Where you choose to post information in the form of public comments, this information shall be accessible by members of the public.
Furthermore, Kyowa Kirin may share aggregated, non–personally identifiable statistical and other information about users to third parties for legitimate business purposes, including commercial purposes, but in such cases will not identify you or any other specific individual.
International Information Transfers
As noted above, Kyowa Kirin Canada, Inc., may share your personal information with its affiliates and third-party service providers outside of the province of Quebec and Canada, and your use of our Website and Services will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal to the United States and other jurisdictions. Kyowa Kirin only transfers your personal information to a third party or overseas when it is satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed, in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
In accordance with applicable law, and depending on your province of residence, you may have the right to access your information and/or request correction/rectification; access information about our processing of your information and data governance; request erasure and portability of your information; withdraw consent to secondary marketing uses or all further collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information; or request to opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us (either by contacting us or following the instructions contained in those email messages). Requests should be submitted in writing to the address listed below in the “Contact Information” section.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant federal or provincial privacy commissioner.
Kyowa Kirin will apply reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected through its websites against loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Kyowa Kirin also maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete, and current, and it seeks to ensure its service providers do the same. However, please be aware that there is always some risk involved when submitting data over the Internet. We cannot guarantee the security of our database is 100% safe from illegal tampering or “hacking.”
Kyowa Kirin will keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time that enables us to communicate with you, provide you with any services you request, maintain business records for audit purposes or to meet recordkeeping requirements under the law, defend or bring any legal claims, and deal with any queries or complaints you may have. Kyowa Kirin stores your personal information in the United States at the premises of our cloud service provider, p360, located in the state of New Jersey.
Links to Third-Party Sites
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how your personal information is handled on this Website, you may contact us at:
Kyowa Kirin Canada, Inc.
550 Burrard Street, Suite 2300, Bentall 5,
Vancouver, BC V6C 2B5
Our Privacy and Commercial Counsel, who is also our Privacy and Data Protection Officer, can also be contacted by email at email@example.com and by post at the same address above, addressed for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
Kyowa Kirin can change this policy anytime, so you may wish to check it each time you visit our Website.